Veterans Services



VA Certifying Official

Walk-ins Tuesday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-2:00 pm and 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Monday-By appointment only
Office: ICW - 109K   Phone: (417) 447-6968

Veterans Services


Ozarks Technical Community College is approved for certification of students eligible to receive educational assistance from the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA). Students eligible to receive Veteran's benefits must be enrolled in a program leading to a Certificate, Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of Applied Science degree.

For information regarding your eligibility to receive VA education benefits, contact the Veterans Affairs Administration at: 1-888-442-4551 or visit the official website at

Important Information

Post 9/11 and Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation: To receive a delayed payment option, you must have a FASFA on file. (You do not need to be Pell eligible,though). For all other Veterans or Dependents you must be Pell eligible or completed all the steps for a student loan to be offered a delayed payment option with My Pay My Way.**

In order to ensure the likelihood of receiving your VA benefit in a timely manner, you need to have your Request for Certification completed 30 days before the start of the semester. (This does not, however, guarantee payment in a timely manner.)

Certification Forms

When completing the Veterans Certification Request form, please complete a request form for each semester, after you have registered. Note: Please indicate on the form what semester you would like certified for. (i.e. 14/Summer, 14/Fall)

Steps for Receiving Benefits

VA-related Forms and Information

Frequently Asked Questions

OTC Resources for Veterans

Outside Resources for Veterans

Additional VA Information

For information on your eligibility for VA benefits: 888.442.4551.

For information on all Chapters of the GI Bill, including Chapter 33 (Post 9/11): or

Links to Other Helpful Information

Other Types of Assistance for VA Students and Family Members