Counseling Services - Seeking Help, Finding Hope
Counseling Services Staff
Meet your Counseling Services staff!
From left to right, Jenn Holum, Heather Lewellen, Joyce Bateman, Becky Dalton, James Carpenter.
What We Offer
Counseling Services provides numerous supportive resources to assist members of the OTC community - high school students, college students, and OTC staff - with personal decisions. We offer services on a regular basis at the Springfield Main Campus and the Richwood Valley Campus, and distance counseling services for the Branson, Lebanon, and Waynesville Education Centers. Our staff has extensive experience working with a variety of issues faced by OTC's diverse student population and each counselor holds national certification in his/her area of specialty. Our counselors are dedicated to providing individualized couseling services that are short-term, free, and confidential. The Counseling Services staff adheres to the American College Association (ACA) Professional Code of Ethics. Our main office is located on the Springfield Campus in ICW 219.
Congratulations to our graduates and know that we wish you well on your journey.
Enjoy your summer and be safe.
Counseling Services Office Hours
Counseling Services - Important Links
Counseling Services - Videos
Community Referral Guides
Substance Use Information and Referral Guides
Counseling Information for Students and Employees
Self-Help Articles and Websites
Crisis Hotline Information
- National Suicide Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Is answered 24 hours a day and calls are transferred to cities all across the country to connect individuals with a trained professional who is based locally for the caller.
- State of Missouri Crisis Hotline for Hearing Impaired: 1-888-380-3328 (TTY)
- Trevor Hotline for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, and Questioning: 1-866-488-7386
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 and press 1. You can also text to 838255
- Local Crisis Hotline for the Springfield, Missouri surrounding area: 417-761-5555 (Burrell Behavioral Health)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224
- Help-Line for Self-Injury: 1-800-366-8288
Mental Health First Aid
417-447-6974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org