1. How are refunds from OTC delivered to students?
Once you have received your OTC SmartCard in the mail, you will visit the Higher One website to activate your refund preference. Once your refund preference is selected, funds are sent from OTC to Higher One who then disburses them according to your selection. If you want the fastest access to your money, simply choose to have your refunds deposited directly into your OneAccount- an FDIC Insured checking account with no monthly fees offered by Higher One. Please Note: In order to receive a refund it is required that you activate your refund preference as soon as your card arrives in the mail.
2. How do I get my OTC SmartCard?
By mail at your primary address on file with Ozarks Technical Community College.
3. I don't think I will ever get a refund. Why is it important to select a refund preference?
Although you might not currently expect a refund from OTC, we may have a refund for you in the future. After all, it may be necessary to drop a class, a class may be cancelled, or you may simply receive a scholarship or assistance you were not anticipating. Selecting your preferred method to receive refunds from OTC ensures you'll always receive your refunds in a timely manner.
4. What are my options for receiving my refunds?
1. Easy Refund to the OneAccount (FASTEST)
2. ACH Transfer to a 3rd Party Bank (FAST)
5. What exactly is the OneAccount?
The OneAccount is a fully functioning FDIC Insured FREE CHECKING account that allows you to access your financial aid refunds quicker and easier than ever before. The OneAccount has no minimum balance, no monthly fees as long as you are a current student, and free internet banking features. You may also use the OTC SmartCard to make purchases anywhere Debit MasterCard® is accepted and withdraw cash with no fees at Higher One ATMs located on campus.
6. Why have my refunds deposited directly to the OneAccount?
1. Depositing your refund to the OneAccount, and selecting an Easy Refund is the fastest way to access your refund money.
2. The OTC SmartCard is a Debit MasterCard, NOT A CREDIT CARD. It can be used to make purchases at participating merchants that accept Debit MasterCard, get cash at ATMs, pay bills and more.
3. Parents and friends can easily send you money online via the Send Money feature.
4. It's FREE!
7. How will I know when my refund has been direct deposited to my OneAccount?
Higher One will send an email to the address you entered during activation when your refund has been deposited to your OneAccount. You can view the details of your OneAccount by accessing your statement online, or by signing up to receive text messages sent directly to your cell phone with Mobile Alerts.
8. Can I have my refund deposited to another bank account?
Yes. You may have your refund deposited to the bank of your choice. In order to do so, select ACH transfer (to other bank) for your refund preference during the activation process and complete, print, and mail the required third party form to the designated address.
9. Is this replacing my student ID card?
Yes. The all-new OTC SmartCard will replace you current campus ID.
10. What if I cannot visit OTC to have my picture taken?
You may qualify for a no-photo OTC SmartCard if all of the following apply:
- You are taking all your classes online.
- You are planning to have the OTC Bookstore deliver your textbooks by mail.
- You do not plan to use OTC facilities such as the Library, Testing Services, Tutoring & Learning Center, or Fitness Center.
- It would be considered a hardship for you to visit an OTC location to have your photo taken.
Click here to see the steps to apply.