What Makes Transcripts Official
What makes it official?
Part of the OTC enrollment process is to submit official high school or GED transcripts and college transcripts. Students may schedule STAR and register for their first semester of classes without official high school or GED transcripts on file; however, official copies must be on file prior to registration for a second semester of classes. Students must have all official college transcripts on file prior to scheduling STAR and registering for their first semester of classes.
High School Transcripts
To be an official high school transcript:
- Mailed directly from the high school to OTC.
- Faxed directly from the high school to OTC.
- Hand delivered to OTC in the original sealed envelope from the high school.
- Transcripts sent prior to graduation are always unofficial. Transcripts must list the graduated date to be official.
- Copies may be provided as official for international high school transcripts. A translation must also accompany some languages.
- Home school transcripts should list courses, grades and a graduation date
- Missouri GED graduates can be automatically verified electronically.
- Non-Missouri GED graduates should request an official copy of their GED certificate by contacting the state they received their GED in. GED transcripts must be mailed or faxed directly from the issuing state.
To be an official GED transcript:
- Mailed directly from the state to OTC.
- Faxed directly from the state to OTC.
- Hand delivered to OTC in the original sealed envelope from the state.
- Must have received a passing score on the GED.
To be an official college transcript:
- Mailed directly from the institution to OTC.
- Faxed directly from the institution to OTC.
- Hand delivered to OTC in the original sealed envelope from the institution.
- May not be marked as unofficial by the sending institution.
- May not be grade reports, derees audits or an advisor transcript.
- At this time, OTC does not accept electronic transcripts as official.
- Contact email@example.com regarding international college transcripts.
Exceptions are Military, Advanced Placement, and CLEP transcripts. Copies of these are allowed and can be considered official.