Change My Residency Status

Residency Status

Students' residency status is classified into the three separate taxing districts below.

In-district students have lived in one of the Missouri school districts below for at least three months. These students or their parents pay personal property taxes to OTC and are entitled to the lowest tuition rate.

Out-of-district students do not live within the taxed districts but have lived within Missouri or Arkansas counties listed below for at least one year.

Out-of-state students maintain permanent residency outside of Missouri or selected Arkansas counties.

*Students under the age of 21 and are claimed on their parent's tax returns are subject to the residency of their parents.

Residency status is given at the time of application to the college. Students are responsible for requesting a Residency Change Form if their status changes while enrolled at OTC. All requests for reclassification of residency must be submitted to Student Services prior to the end of the first week of classes. Requests submitted and approved after the first week of class will not go into effect until the following term of enrollment. Reclassification of residency is not retroactive to any prior terms of enrollment. Questions regarding residency should be directed to

 In-District School Districts  Out-of-District Arkansas Counties
 Ash Grove R-IV  Boone
 Branson R-IV  Carroll
 Clever -R-V  Marion
 Everton R-II  
 Fordland R-VII  
 Hollister R-V  
 Logan-Rogersville R-VIII  
 Marshfield R-I  
 Nixa R-II  
 Ozark R-VI  
 Pleasant Hope R-VI  
 Republic R-III  
 Springfield R-II  
 Strafford R-VI  
 Walnut Grove R-V