How Do I Apply for Financial Aid?
Welcome and thank you for your interest in Ozarks Technical Community College. Applying for financial assistance can sometimes be a complex and time consuming process. The financial aid staff understands this and is here to help you successfully navigate through the various forms and processes to ensure you receive the assistance needed to pay for college. Understanding your tuition costs and your many options to pay for school is an important part of the college experience. The OTC staff is committed to helping support you every step of the way.
WHAT TYPES OF FINANCIAL AID DOES OTC OFFER?
There are four major types of aid are available to OTC students who qualify:
- GRANTS are awards that need not be repaid.
- LOANS are borrowed money that must be repaid.
- EMPLOYMENT in the form of Federal Work-Study is money students earn.
- SCHOLARSHIPS are awarded based upon criteria for each scholarship.
**One of the most important steps for students who want to receive Financial Aid is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In order to be considered for financial aid, students must apply for funds each year they are intending to utilize Financial Aid.
Check List for Getting Started with Financial Aid
- Apply for admission to Ozarks Technical Community College.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
The FAFSA can be filed on the Internet at the following website: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
You may be eligible for the following:
o Pell Grants
o Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
o Student Loans
o A+ Scholarships
o OTC Institutional Scholarships
o Federal Work Study
Please Note: For student wanting to apply for Federal Stafford Loans, utilize their A+ scholarship, apply for OTC Institutional loans, or apply for work study, additional steps will be required. See the link list at the bottom of this page for more information.
- Within 3-5 days after submitting your FAFSA electronically, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR), confirming the information you reported on your financial aid application.
- Please review the SAR for accuracy and, if changes need to be made, go online to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Sign in, choose "make a correction or change," and submit your corrections.
- OTC will receive your FAFSA within 7-10 days after it is processed. (Please make sure you have the correct address filed with OTC) You will be sent an initial information letter from OTC Financial Aid Office. Please fill out all forms completely and return the requested information immediately. Examples of some forms you might receive include, but are not limited to: Dependent or Independent Verification Worksheet, Parent Missing Signature letter, or No High School Transcript letter. If you are selected for verification, you will be required to turn in signed copies of Federal taxes.
**Your financial aid information will be processed after all of your documents are received.
- Once your FAFSA has been processed you will receive an Award Notification by OTC webmail. You can also check your financial aid progress under "My Financial Aid Status" in your Access OTC account. Once your financial aid status reads "accepted" your aid has been processed and is ready for disbursement.
Thanks again for your interest in OTC. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Where would you like to go next?