Prospective Part-Time Students
Part-Time International Students
The International Programs Office has walk-in hours every Thursday from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. You are also welcome to schedule an appointment with one of our staff members to answer questions or concerns you might have. Please call 417-447-6941 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
International students on F-1 student visas attending another educational institution who plan to enroll as a part-time visiting student are limited to registration in no more than two classes per semester. These students will be charged international student rates for tuition and fees. To be approved for part-time visiting status, these students must provide the following information:
- A completed OTC admissions application. (See Below)
- Proof of English proficiency at the same level as required for full-time F-1 students:
- A minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) total score of 61
- Successful completion of 15 credit hours or more from a U.S. college or university
- A minimum IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 5.0
- A Part-Time Student Coordination form completed with your International Student Services office at your current school. You can have your school fax the form to 417.447.8968. This form makes your current school aware of your intent to enroll part-time with OTC and ensures that you are in valid status and good academic standing.
- A copy of the F-1 visa and I-20 showing that the student will be "in status" through the end of the semester in which the student is registering
- A current copy of academic transcripts from the institution they are attending showing a minimum of 2.25 grade point average.
- For international students transferring from another college or university with over 12 credit hours completed, these dates are July 30th for the Fall/2014 semester, and November 30th for the Spring/2015 semester.
- Complete New Student Orientation - All new OTC students are required to complete orientation prior to meeting with an advisor and enrolling in classes. Orientation is strongly recommended for readmitted students who have been away from OTC for awhile. Start the online orientation.
- Register as a Visiting Student- Visit the Visiting Student Website for information on registering.
Note: Ozarks Technical Community College is unable to issue an I-20 for a student wanting only to study English as a second language.