Tax Information

Tax Information for International Students

International Student who were in the United States prior to January 1, 2011 MUST file a Form 8843 before April 15, 2011 to the Office of Internal Revenue Service (IRS). This is required for any non-resident alien even if you DID NOT work in 2010. Be aware that  failure to file could result in you having to leave the US or you could have problems reentering the US.

To file you may download the form 8843 from the IRS website:

If you would like to have assistance in filing this form or any other tax related information you may schedule an appointment with the International Student Tax Clinic by calling 417-836-3007 or 417-536-5414. The Tax Clinic offers free assistance, but you will need to make an appointment. For more information visit the clinic’s website at: