Understanding the Proctored Assessment
Each online course requires at least one proctored assessment (some courses may require multiple proctored assessments) to be administered at any Ozarks Technical Community College location, a pre-approved off-campus location*, or via ProctorU online services**. Students within 30 miles of an OTC facility must take their assessment there or via ProctorU services.
*All off-campus facilities must be in accordance with the OTC proctoring specifications and must be pre-approved by the course instructor for appropriateness. Examples of off-campus options include professional librarians at a public library, high school administrators, testing control or unit education officers at U.S. military bases, or U.S. embassy officials. Examples of unacceptable proctors are relatives, clergy and employers.
**ProctorU services may be used by any online student at their own expense.
***Some public libraries will not be approved because they do not offer monitoring services. For example, the Library Centers in Springfield and surrounding communities are not approved for OTC proctored assessments.
The following information explains requirements for proctored locations:
- Questions or Concerns? See the Proctoring FAQ page or contact OTC Online at email@example.com or call (417) 447-8200.
- Students need to provide proof of identity (driver's license, passport, or other government photo ID) before the proctored assessment will be administered.
- Students will be monitored during the entire assessment.
- The Springfield and Richwood Valley campuses operate on a 'walk-in' basis during normal hours and appointments are not necessary. For all other OTC locations, an appointment is required due to limited testing services availability. See Testing Services for more information.
- If you have accommodations through Disability Support Services, continue to schedule your appointments through that office.
- If you are scheduling an appointment at an off-campus location, you will need to complete the Off-Campus Proctoring Approval Form. This form is not required for testing at OTC facilities or ProctorU online services. Compete the student area of the form and send to the instructor. Upon approval, the instructor will communicate with the proctor. The proctor should have all the necessary materials when students arrive for their test. It is highly recommended students follow-up with their proctor in advance of the assessment date to be sure all information has been received.
- The following information is not guaranteed by OTC, but for a list of Off-Campus Proctoring Sites within the United States, please contact your desired location to learn about services provided, contact names, hours, and fees (if any), etc.