Preparing Yourself and Your Students For the Proctored Exam
Each online class requires one proctored exam (some courses may require multiple proctored exams) administered at any of the Ozarks Technical Community College locations or an approved off-campus location. Any off-campus location must be pre-approved by the instructor and OTC Online administration. Examples of off-campus locations include professional librarians at a public library, high school administrators, testing control or unit education officers at U.S. military bases, or U.S. embassy officials. Examples of unacceptable proctors are relatives, clergy and employers. (Important: Students within 30 miles of an OTC center must take the proctored exam at that center) The following provides guidelines for the proctored exam:
- Submit the Proctored Exam Information and Request Form to OTC Testing Services by the end of the first week of classes. The exam does not have to be created at this time, but it should be prepared no later than 24 hours before the proctoring period.
- Make the proctored exam dates available to student by the end of the first week of classes.
- Do not give a proctored exam password to students.
- Include which assessment will be proctored for your course and the timeframe for the assessment in your syllabus.
- Make students aware that they will need to present a valid ID (driver's license, passport, or other government ID) to the proctor before the assessment will be administered.
- Set a deadline for students to make arrangements at the appropriate testing location. If they are completing their proctored exam at the Springfield campus, they do not need to schedule an appointment. If they plan to take the exam at an off-campus location, they will need to complete the Off-Campus Proctoring Arrangement Form.
- Email Testing Services all required information at least 24 hours prior to the proctoring period. If exams require paper and pencil (e.g. MTH courses), all materials should be submitted 24 hours prior to the proctoring period.
- Provide off-campus proctors with all proctored exam materials and instructions at least 24 hours prior to the exam time.