Notice of Vacancy: Part-time Instructor of Computer Literacy
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
(M2) Demonstrated current knowledge in course content and effectiveness in teaching assigned subjects
(D1) Experience teaching secondary education students and at-risk populations; (D2) Social work experience; (D3) Experience using instructional technology
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Part-time Instructor of Computer Literacy
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
The instructor is responsible for teaching courses in the Missouri Customer Service Partnership Program
Reports to and acts under the direct supervision of the Coordinator for the Missouri Customer Service Partnership Program
1. Teach computer literacy skills utilizing an online platform, textbooks, and online resources and curriculum pertaining to customer service.
2. Provides quality instruction that is current, accurate, and interesting.
3. Maintains discipline and decorum in the classroom.
4. Utilizes and integrates technology into the classroom experience.
5. Maintains appropriate record keeping for assigned classes, to include academic progress reports, individual attendance records, and course assessment records.
6. Interfaces and collaborates with other MCSP instructors/staff on a regular basis.
7. Mentors students to build a sense of community and increase student retention.
8. Contributes to the effective operation and development of the Missouri Customer Service Partnership Program.
9. Assists with student internship placement and follow up.
10. Maintains currency of knowledge and skill in field of specialization and areas of instruction.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.