Notice of Vacancy: Help Desk Specialist
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning or completion of degree in 2014 (M2) Effective communication skills (M3) Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs to a height of 42" and carry the weight 10ft (M4) Ability to read hand written notes.
(D1) CIS or NET Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning (D2) One year experience troubleshooting microcomputers, software and printers (D3) Help Desk experience (D4) Customer Service Skills
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Help Desk Specialist
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
Ability to perform detailed work routines, handle problems, multitask, and meet deadlines. Contact with the public demonstrating tact, courtesy, and initiative in dealing with diverse situations.
Acts under the delegated authority and general supervision of the Vice President of Information Technology and the Help Desk Coordinator.
1. Answers help desk calls from staff, faculty, and students.
2. Performs general clerical duties.
3. Performs first-level user computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
4. Responds to daily work requests and enters work orders.
5. Assists with Open Computer Lab staff and operations.
6. Assists with the Student Help Desk staff and operations.
7. Assists students, staff, and faculty with password issues.
8. Assists with Gradebook issues and support.
9. Responsible for software receipt and cataloging.
10. Check out IT equipment to staff and faculty.
11. Rebuild check out laptops upon return.
12. Assist with delegating tasks to part-time staff.
13. Help students, staff, and faculty with computer and portal problems.
14. Ability to read hand written notes.
15. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
16. Ability to move and install equipment.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.