Notice of Vacancy: Finance Office Secretary
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning or 5 years of general office/secretarial experience; (M2) 3 years general office/secretarial experience; (M3) Computer literate (experience with MS Office programs); (M4) Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing; (M5) Strong organizational and time management skills
(D1) Document imaging/scanning experience; (D2) Bookkeeping experience
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Finance Office Secretary
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
The Finance Office Secretary will be responsible for maintaining, performing, and assisting with various office tasks necessary in the day-to-day operations of the Finance Office. This position recognizes and maintains confidentiality of work materials as appropriate; understands and carries out verbal and written directions; demonstrates excellent communication and organization skills in a professional work environment.
Acts under the delegated authority and general supervision of the College Director of Finance.
1. Answers telephones and serves as office receptionist
2. Composes office correspondence in accordance with standard business practices
3. Opens mail, logs payments and distributes all office mail
4. Takes, transcribes and publishes minutes of all departmental meetings and Finance Council
5. Uses ImageNow to scan and link documents and maintains paper copies as directed
6. Handles the departmental business conference and travel arrangements
7. Prepares all department check requests, purchase orders, work orders, inter-departmental orders
8. Maintains contract files, correspondence files, reference files, and other records for the Finance Office; updates as appropriate
9. Maintains department office supply inventory and places orders as needed
10. Initiates and saves the daily accounts receivable activity postings report
11. Handles scheduling of all office calendars and events, i.e. appointments, meeting rooms, etc.
12. Assists all areas of the Finance Office as needed; i.e., accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, fixed assets, etc.
13. Assists with preparation of year-end audit work papers
14. Maintains job vacancy bulletin board, posting new vacancies and removing those that are filled
15. Performs other duties as assigned
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.