Notice of Vacancy: Part-time Fitness Center Attendant
Qualifications & Experience
M1) High school diploma or equivalent; M2) Current first aid and CPR/AED certification or ability to be certified; M3) Punctual and reliable.
D1) Practical experience in group exercise and/or personal training; D2) Practical experience in fitness assessments and/or exercise prescription.
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Part-time Fitness Center Attendant
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
This position will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the fitness center.
Operates under the delegated authority and general supervision of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services.
1. Monitors and maintains equipment within the fitness center.
2. Serves as an advocate for health and wellness among the college staff, faculty, and students.
3. Maintains fitness center participant records to include emergency contact information, liability waivers, and fitness goals.
4. Monitors and evaluates the usage of the fitness center to assess its effective contribution to the goals and mission of the college.
5. Schedules and coordinates fitness center usage to balance access for academic utilization by classes with open utilization by employees and students.
6. Inspects the locker rooms and shower facilities to ensure that they are clean and well-maintained.
7. Maintains current knowledge in fitness and wellness promotion.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.