Notice of Vacancy: Groundskeeper (Part-Time)
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) High School Diploma or equivalent; (M2) Effective communication skills
(D1) 2 years of previous maintenance and custodial experience preferred
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Groundskeeper (Part-Time)
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
The Facility Maintenance personnel is responsible for servicing and maintaining the mechanical and custodial systems of the college facilities. Responsible for care of lawns, trees, and shrubs; snow and ice removal; removal of trash and debris; and care and maintenance of equipment used to carry out these tasks.
Performs under the delegated authority of the College Director of Facilities and Grounds.
1. Completes all maintenance and custodial requests and advises the Maintenance Supervisor of the completed work.
2. Mows and trims lawn areas, performs seeding and weed control as required
3. Applies chemical feeding and pest control, performs landscaping duties
4. Removes ice and snow from walkways, steps and parking areas.
5. Keeps campus area, especially building entries, parking lots and lawns free of trash and debris.
6. Responds to emergency situations that could lead to property damage or personal injury.
7. Properly stores and inventories supplies within assigned area and notifies supervisor of inventories.
8. Properly disposes of hazardous wastes, reports damage to the supervisor
9. Maintains reliable attendance and understands daily staffing requirements.
10. Understands and follows all department safety rules and regulations.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.