Notice of Vacancy: Part-Time Academic Advisor
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited Institution of higher learning. (M2) Excellent oral presentation and interpersonal communication skills. (M3) Proficient computer skills. (M4) Strong organizational and time management skills. (M5) Flexible schedule.
(D1) Minimum of 1 year experience in higher education. (D2) Master's Degree in Education, Student Affairs or Counseling. (D3) Experience in a customer service setting. (D4) Experience in academic advising.
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Part-Time Academic Advisor
Salary Classification: Hourly/Seasonal
Provides quality customer service by advising and assisting prospective and currently enrolled students, acquainting students with program requirements, enrollment and assisting them in developing educational plans through one-on-one and group presentations.
Acts under the delegated authority and general supervision of the Assistant Director of Academic Advising.
1. Provides academic advising to both prospective and enrolled students, including interpretation of placement test results, explaining curriculum requirements, assisting with the selection of program of study and appropriate classes.
2. Guides students planning to transfer to other higher education institutions in the selection of appropriate coursework.
3. Presents during Student Advising and Registration (STAR) Seminars.
4. Assists students who are having academic difficulties, including connecting them with appropriate community and campus resources.
5. Assists in other areas of Student Services when needed.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.