Notice of Vacancy: Secretary to the Chancellor's Office
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Associate's degree or college hours equivalent to, from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; (M2) Executive secretarial experience (M3) Computer literate (advanced experience with Office, Outlook, and Power Point) (M4) Demonstrated experience dealing with various constituencies (M5) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
(D1) Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; (D2) Experience taking minutes for public governing bodies; (D3) Experience assisting CEO of large institution; (D4) Previous experience working at a college or university; (D5) Previous experience working with elected individuals.
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Secretary to the Chancellor's Office
Salary Classification: Exempt
The Secretary to the Chancellor's Office performs secretarial duties to the Chancellor's office with efficiency, dependability, and confidentiality; and acts as receptionist for the Chancellor's Office in a manner that is courteous and responsible; maintains records of appointments and deadlines for the Chancellor's office. For the Board of Trustees the secretary prepares and distributes information for consideration, and attends to travel arrangements for trustees as requested. Duties performed for the Board of Trustees are treated as confidential. The Secretary to the Chancellor's Office reports to the Assistant to the Chancellor.
Limited as delegated by the Assistant to the Chancellor.
Acts as receptionist to those entering the Chancellor's office.
2. Handles calls, messages, and appointments for the Chancellor and the Assistant to the Chancellor.
3. Opens, reviews and routes mail, noting important dates for the Chancellor and the Assistant to the Chancellor's calendar and answers correspondence, as directed by the Assistant to the Chancellor.
4. Performs transcription and typing of all matters relating to the office of the Chancellor. Maintains files for Chancellor's office.
5. Prepares purchase requisitions, check requests, orders general supplies for the Chancellor's office.
6. Assists in arranging meetings for the Chancellor's office and the Board of Trustees.
8. Assists the Assistant to the Chancellor in the communication and coordination of information among employees in the Chancellor's office and suite.
9. Maintains and keeps current the college Policy and Procedures Manual and distributes new and revised Policies and Procedures to Trustees, Vice Chancellors and Deans.
10. Composes correspondence and other materials as necessary and edits drafts of letters and materials prepared by others for the Chancellor and Assistant to the Chancellor.
11. Responds to surveys and other requests for information concerning the college and/or coordinates the necessary information as furnished by various administrators.
12. Schedules the Board Room and the Myers Conference Room.
13. Serves on college committees as assigned.
14. Handles travel arrangements for the Chancellor, Assistant to the Chancellor and Board of Trustees.
15.. Assists the Assistant to the Chancellor in the Distribution of re-employment forms to all employees and records results; prepares accompanying materials for annual employee contracts and supervises mailing/distribution; mails new employee contracts, along with welcome letter from Chancellor.
19. Assists the Assistant to the Chancellor in maintaining organizational chart.
21. Maintains and updates important contact information relevant to legislators; national, state and area officials; two and four year college Chancellors; and members of boards on which the Chancellor serves.
22. Keeps current list of birthdays of full-time employees, sends cards, and hosts monthly birthday parties.
23. Assists with special events, such as breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, receptions and other parties and special events.
25. Assists with selecting, ordering and mailing of correspondence for the Chancellor's office.
26. Prepares recognition plaques, certificates, and retiree and trustee gifts.
27. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.