Notice of Vacancy: Part Time Service Desk Assistant - Library
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; (M2) Ability to work mornings; (M3) Library work experience
(D1) Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; (D2) Public service experience; (D3) Experience with Mobius or Triple I software
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Part Time Service Desk Assistant - Library
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
Provides quality public services and performs a variety of clerical duties to support the administration of the Library.
Acts under the delegated authority and supervision of the Director of the Library.
1. Provides competent public services, mostly reference and circulation assistance.
2. Assists in collection management by shelving and organizing materials.
3. Assists the Service Desk Manager with a variety of tasks related to the operation of that area, such as keeping of statistics, organization and distribution of reserves, and notification of patrons of overdue materials.
4. Assists users in the use of computers, fax machines, copiers and other library equipment.
5. Monitors copy machines and cash drawer and facilitates deposits as necessary.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.