Notice of Vacancy: Part Time Bookstore Sales Associate (Seasonal position)
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Excellent computer skills; (M2) Excellent communication skills; (M3) Must be detail oriented; (M4) Must have ability to multi-task; (M5) Ability to lift 25-50 lbs; (M6) Must have ability to make basic mathematical calculations
(D1) Previous customer service experience; (D2) Previous cashier experience
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Part Time Bookstore Sales Associate (Seasonal position)
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
Performs necessary functions assisting in the day-to-day operation of the Bookstore.
Acts under the delegated authority and general supervision of the Bookstore Operations Manager.
1. Assumes responsibility for processing orders, returns, and exchanges, ringing the sales, packaging for shipping, using the electronic shipping system, holding orders for stock to arrive, maintaining stock, performing inventory control, maintaining transaction records, and resolving customer services issues.
2. Provides customer service and helps to maintain an orderly and attractive sales floor by stocking, folding, sizing, straightening, organizing, condensing, resetting, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, assisting customers with selections and finding merchandise, and answering questions about textbooks, clothing, gifts, or souvenirs for customers.
3. Remains knowledgeable about bookstore policies, procedures, and operations, and responding to customer complaints, store emergencies, and disruption of services.
4. Assist managers in the Textbook Reservation Program by: pulling customer orders, ringing up books, bagging and shelving book orders, double checking the pulled orders for customer satisfaction.
5. Helps to ensure the success of the Bookstore by performing all other duties as assigned.
6. *This position is temporary and may only last through the months of July through September.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.