Notice of Vacancy: Temporary Academic Advising Representative (Position has limited benefits)
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or must be working towards an Associate Degree (M2) Excellent computer skills (M3) Demonstrated excellent communication skills (M4) Must have experience with multi-tasking and be detail oriented (M5) Experience in customer or student service related position
(D1) Community College experience (D2) Academic Advising experience
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Temporary Academic Advising Representative (Position has limited benefits)
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
Performs necessary functions assisting current and prospective students with their questions and issues relating to all areas of Student Services.
Acts under the delegated authority and general supervision of the Assistant Director of Academic Advising.
Work Hours: Office hours are 7:30am - 6pm, Monday through Thursday and 8am-4:30pm, Friday. Flexibility to work any shift within these hours is required. Occasional evening and weekend work is also required.
1. Provides general information and services related to the various processes within Student Services including admissions, testing, advisement, financial aid, registration and counseling via phone, e-mail and face-to-face.
2. Serves as the initial contact for current and prospective students needing assistance in Academic Advising.
3. Works closely with and understands the functions of other departments within the institution in order to effectively communicate accurate and timely information to students and staff.
4. Assists the Academic Advising department with express advising, presenting Star Seminars and processing Visiting Student paperwork.
5. Understands the functions of various offices and leads students to the appropriate staff.
6. Maintains Academic Advising related materials including copies and Star Seminar related items.
7. Serves on committees as assigned.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.