Notice of Vacancy: Admissions & Assessment Secretary of High School Programs
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Associate’s Degree or 60 college credit hours from a regionally accredited institution; (M2) Exceptional computer literacy skills; (M3) Excellent oral and written communication skills; (M4) Completion of secretarial skills test.
(D1) Career & technical education experience; (D2) Work experience at the collegiate level.
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Admissions & Assessment Secretary of High School Programs
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
The Admissions & Assessment Secretary performs highly confidential secretarial/clerical tasks for High School Programs.
Performs under the delegated authority and direct supervision of the Assistant Director of High School Programs.
1. Provides general receptionist and clerical support for all High School Programs Admissions & Assessment.
2. Directs incoming calls, processes ingoing and outgoing mail, and greets the public.
3. Types, copies, distributes, files and maintains records related to assessment reports and provides support to the assessment technician.
4. Processes high school applications for admissions, high school/GED transcripts, and ACT scores.
5. Prepares OTC High School Programs acceptance letters.
6. Utilizes the College’s document imaging software to store and retrieve documents
7. Works with various OTC departments to ensure data quality, automate processing and prepare reports.
8. Assists in on-going recruitment of high school students, including representing the College at public events, including some nights and weekends.
9. Compiles quarterly and yearly data for reports as they relate to budgetary and accreditation requirements.
10. Assists in budget management by generating requisitions, processing invoices and maintaining appropriate files.
11. Provides direct support and participates in development, improvement, and implementation of High School Programs services and activities (enrollment and registration, campus tours, SkillsUSA, Career Exploration Days, Fall Luncheon, articulation agreement activities).
12. Updates High School Programs information and forms on the OTC website.
13. Assists prospective students by telephone, email and in-person. Answers questions and/or refers students to appropriate offices.
14. Demonstrates a positive attitude, supportive culture, and a philosophy of education consistent with promoting overall student success and retention.
15. Demonstrates professional conduct, effective communication, and exemplary customer service to students, staff, departments, and other constituencies.
16. Assists with planning and implementation of special events.
17. Demonstrates effective computer literacy and operates multiple databases.
18. Exercises initiative and assesses departmental work load, prioritizes work flow, and uses independent judgment to support effective daily operations.
19. Assists with public relations and awareness building of High School Programs.
20. Contributes to the overall effective operation and development of the high school programs, which support general and technical education.
21. Maintains confidential files and records.
22. Participates in institution-wide support and contributes to the overall success of the college.
23. Pursues professional development and maintains appropriate professional certification, as necessary.
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.