Notice of Vacancy: Dean of Academic Services
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning or scheduled completion of doctorate by December 31, 2014; (M2) Experience teaching at the post-secondary level; (M3) Demonstrated record of increasing academic leadership; (M4) Experience with curriculum development, academic planning and budgeting; (M5) Demonstrated use of assessment and student analytics to promote teaching and learning excellence; (M6) Computer literacy; (M7) Effective communication skills; (M8) Commitment to the community college mission.
(D1) Experience with regional accreditation process; (D2) Demonstrated ability to promote student retention and success; (D3) Experience with selecting, mentoring, evaluating, and developing faculty.
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Dean of Academic Services
Salary Classification: Exempt
Responsible for the administration and oversight of Academic Services that support teaching and learning.
Acts under the general supervision and delegated authority of the Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
1. Coordinates delivery of employee professional development activities.
2. Maintains communication with the Higher Learning Commission and coordinates activities related to the accreditation process for the college and academic programs.
3. Provides leadership and oversight for academic services in the Tutoring and Learning Center and Disability Support Services, Library, and Testing Center.
4. Assists with the development and review of new and existing instructional programs.
5. Coordinates the curriculum process for development of new programs and new course proposals as well as revision of existing curriculum.
6. Maintains documentation of curriculum changes and communicates those changes to the Coordinating Board for Higher Education and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
7. Provides leadership and oversight of orientation, training, mentoring for instructors.
8. Facilitates assessment of student learning.
9. Provides leadership and oversight in the academic course scheduling process.
10. Provides evaluations of all direct reports and oversees the development, recommendation, and implementation of all Academic Services budgets.
11. Provides leadership for special projects as assigned by the Provost/Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.