Notice of Vacancy: Network Hardware Technician
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Associates Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; (M2) Effective communication skills; (M3) Must have the ability to lift 35 lbs to a height of 42” and carry the weight 10 ft; (M4) Each applicant will be required to complete a hands-on evaluation
(D1) Experience with Cisco routing and switching devices; (D2) Comp TIA Network+ or A+ Certification; (D3) 1 year experience with cable termination/certification
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Network Hardware Technician
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
Installs and certifies campus backbone cabling and terminal room equipment. Installs/constructs campus infrastructure and provides connectivity for network and user devices. Trains and coordinates work efforts of part-time hardware technicians. Maintains and accounts for network testing devices. Documents network connectivity. Monitors network devices to ensure proper operation. Assists in design of network facilities and product research.
Acts under the delegated authority and supervision of the Coordinator of Network Hardware.
1. Connects end user devices and network devices to the campus network, including troubleshooting and repairing network connections.
2. Assembles and installs network infrastructure.
3. Installs, terminates and certifies copper cabling (UTP, RG).
4. Configures, maintains, and accounts for network devices.
5. Maintains and accounts for fiber optic and copper cable testing equipment.
6. Installs, terminates and certifies fiber optic cabling.
7. Installs and connects Televisions to the campus video distribution system.
8. Advises Coordinator of Network Hardware on tools needed to support duty requirements.
9. Trains part-time hardware technicians and interns.
10. Orders and maintains stock of consumable items.
11. Cleans and maintains all telecommunication distribution frames.
12. Assists the Coordinator of Network Hardware with network design, research and equipment ordering.
13. Assists in maintaining documentation for all campus network connectivity.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.