Notice of Vacancy: Career Center Director
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Master's Degree in School Administration from a regionally accredited institution; (M2) Missouri Career Education Director Certification and Secondary Principal Certification (or eligible for provisional certification); (M3) Exceptional computer literacy skills; (M4) Excellent oral and written communication skills.
(D1) Specialist or Doctorate in School Administration; (D2) Work experience at the collegiate level; (D3) Experience with at-risk populations; (D4) Two years' experience as a secondary education administrator, higher education administrator or Career Center administrator; (D5) Career Center experience.
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Career Center Director
Salary Classification: Exempt
This position assumes responsibility and leadership for all aspects of the area Career Center programs. It provides secondary students enrolled in technical education programs with high quality experiences to support college and career readiness. The Director will create and maintain effective relationships with area school partners, DESE, college staff and employees, professional organizations, and other constituents, as needed. The Director provides administrative support to all High School programs at Ozarks Technical Community College (OTC).
Acts under the delegated authority and general supervision of the Dean of Special Academic Programs.
1. Provides exemplary educational leadership in the development of general and technical education programs consistent with the policies of the Board of Trustees to prepare secondary students for college and career readiness.
2. Establishes and maintains a learning environment of rigor and relevance through visible engagement and coordination with faculty and students in and beyond the classroom.
3. Responsible for coordination of the marketing, recruitment, selection, and admissions process of secondary students.
4. Administrator for disciplinary issues, as needed.
5. Directs the collection, preparation and submission of state agency and federal forms and any reports necessary for the effective operations of the Career Center, including competitive grant funding, data collection and submission of required documents to area schools and DESE.
6. Oversees compliance with district policies and state requirements; Understands and adheres to campus policies and procedures.
7. Is responsible for initial certification, as required, of all instructors in the general and technical education level serving secondary students.
8. Assumes supervisory responsibility for evaluation of specified personnel and assists in the evaluation of non-certificated personnel related thereto.
9. Works with the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Deans, and Department Chairs/Leads to coordinate courses offered for secondary students.
10. Works with Deans and departmental programs in the recruitment and selection of faculty and staff.
11. Prepares an OTC annual planning report and budget request.
12. Meets with advisory committees, as needed.
13. Participates in grant writing.
14. Supervises the maintenance and distribution of studentís academic, disciplinary and work related files and records.
15. Demonstrates a positive attitude, supportive culture, and a philosophy of education consistent with promoting overall student success and retention.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.