Notice of Vacancy: Allied Health Secretary
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Strong interpersonal communication skills; (M2) Strong organizational skills; (M3) Good typing skills; (M4) Excellent word processing skills; (M5) Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
(D1) Associate’s Degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; (D2) Previous community college employment or public school experience; (D3) Prior experience as a receptionist, secretary or customer service representative; (D4) Previous experience with academic advising of students
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Allied Health Secretary
Salary Classification: Non-exempt
The secretary to the Allied Health Department performs confidential and highly responsible secretarial work involving complex work problems and situations. Must have the ability to use initiative in more or less routine situations and deal with the public with tact and courtesy. There is a great deal of contact with the students, government agencies, and instructors.
Acts under the delegated authority of the Dean of Allied Health and general supervision of the Secretary to the Dean of Allied Health.
1. Acts as secretary to professional staff members in the Allied Health Department.
2. Assists in the management and flow of office work.
3. Answers telephone and routes calls as appropriate
4. Handles Allied Health admissions forms and files including: applications, reference letters, transcripts, test correspondence, and communication with prospective students.
5. Assimilates data and prepares worksheets for faculty to assist in student selective admission process.
6. Keeps Allied Health websites updated.
7. Schedules interviews and prepares mailings to inform prospective students and Admission Committee members of dates and times.
8. Prepares mailings for accepted, alternate, and rejected students.
9. Maintains and services all office equipment.
10. Participates in committees as assigned by OTC President.
11. Advises prospective students checking into Allied Health programs.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of Allied Health or the Secretary to the Dean of Allied Health.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.