Notice of Vacancy: Adjunct Biology Instructor
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum of 18 graduate level hours in the subject matter; (M2) At least 2 years experience teaching in an educational institution; (M3) Excellent Computer skills.
(D1) Previous experience teaching at a community college.
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Adjunct Biology Instructor
Salary Classification: Exempt
Adjunct faculty will be responsible for the instruction and management of assigned class(es).
Reports to, and is under the direct supervision of, the Department Chair/Program Director and Lead Instructor.
1. Provide quality instruction using established course related materials for the course being taught.
2. Communicate and collaborate with full-time instructors in creating and implementing course curriculum, objectives and materials.
3. Communicate student issues or concerns with appropriate personnel, while maintaining student confidentiality.
4. Develop and deliver lessons that are current, creative and accurate.
5. Maintain appropriate record keeping for assigned classes and submit assessment data to the appropriate lead or chair, consistent with departmental guidelines.
6. Mentor students to help them achieve their educational goals and objectives.
7. Grade assessments of student learning appropriate for the course taught.
8. Maintain a classroom environment that enhances learning.
9. Maintain currency of knowledge of technical skills and teaching methodologies in the areas of instruction.
10. Participate in meetings and professional development for adjunct faculty.
11. Ensure compliance with college policies, guidelines and processes.
12. Maintain proficiency in online learning management system, instructional technologies, and instructional design.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.