Notice of Vacancy: Coordinator of Web Services
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Associates Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning and 2 years web development experience (M2) Strong oral and written communication skills. (M3) Experience with XML and strong CSS skills (M4) Demonstrated proficiency in web-design applications such as Adobe Dreamweaver and Contribute (M5) Working knowledge of modern scripting languages such as; Perl, CGI, PHP, Python. (M6) Experience with enterprise databases such as; MySQL and Microsoft SQL (M7) Working knowledge in graphics editing and creation software such as Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator. (M8) Experience with server side languages.
(D1) Bachelorís Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning and 2 years web development experience (D2) Strong analytical skills desired. Capable of integrating technical skills and strategies with needs analysis and strategic thinking about communication. (D3) Prior experience in community college or higher education setting.
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Coordinator of Web Services
Salary Classification: Exempt
The Coordinator of Web Services is primarily responsible for maintaining and assisting departments in the management and propagation of information for publication of content to OTC web site. This includes daily maintenance of helpdesk for web services, monitoring design standards, performing testing, performing quality-control for content and developing web applications. This position coordinates all programming of new elements within the current CMS framework with IT and with supervisors. This position has a strong knowledge of .php, mysql, sql, .net, and css with a working knowledge of WordPress and Joomla CMS. Having worked in or with RedDot/Open Text CMS is desired.
Acts under the delegated authority and general supervision of the College Director of Web Services.
1. Assists in the WEB integration of college documents both publically and through intra.otc.edu.
2. Maintain the accuracy of existing web pages and documents that are posted on the OTC web
3. Basic preparation and image editing of photos for use with the OTC web site.
4. Assist in the design of new web pages and online forms using visual html editing software.
5. Assist in communicating and interacting with end users to provide effective solutions that will meet the needs of OTC staff and faculty.
6. The creation and/or editing of pdf files for publication to the OTC web site.
7. The maintenance of common elements found on OTC web pages provided by departments via the helpdesk.
8. Evaluates departmental home sites for performance and routine maintenance.
9. Assists departments with the development of college department home pages.
10. Creates documents to guide faculty and staff in publishing their individual OTC web pages.
11. Develops appropriate scripts, elements, and stylesheets (css); creates interactive forms; experiments with new technologies; and monitors existing interactive applications.
12. Serves as a liaison between the College Director of Web Services and the collegeís IT department for web page maintenance.
13. Coordinates all upgrades of servers and patches with IT Department to affirm that all software is up-to-date.
14. Oversees daily tasks of the part-time Web Developer of Web Services and work study students.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.