Notice of Vacancy: Coordinator of Video Production
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution (M2) Knowledge and experience with video editing software Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premium Production Suite and experience with After Effects and Photo Shop (M3) Excellent communication skills
(D1) Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning (D2) Video script editing and writing skills
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Coordinator of Video Production
Salary Classification: Exempt
The Coordinator of Video Production is responsible for producing a wide-variety of video production projects for the College, which includes video profiles, commercials, graphics, DVDs and other electronic marketing materials. The person in this position is expected to use creativity, technical savvy and talent to take projects from concept to delivery.
Acts under the direct supervision of the College Director of Communications and the Assistant Director of Creative Services.
1. Work closely with College Director of Communications to shoot, edit and produce a monthly video newsletter, departmental and personal video profiles, television commercials and other video projects.
2. Proficiency in video editing programs, such as, Adobe Premium Production Suite or Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, After Effects and Photoshop.
3. Knowledge of a Mac OSX operation system, understanding multiple codecs and compression settings and knowledge of computer networking.
4. Creates electronic material by utilizing available video/graphic software, DSLR equipment and proficient in new video software programs.
5. Meet the department’s communication objectives through knowledge of shot composition, as well as editing, graphic and DVD authoring software in order to develop mixed media marketing materials and advising departmental employees of the appropriate options to achieve their communication objectives.
6. Operates within budget and deadlines established for various projects by following an established production schedule, preparing cost estimates, researching new software and technology, verifying that the assigned project is completed ready to deliver and archiving the work electronically.
7. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, maintaining a current knowledge of video/graphics software, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and attending training and/or courses as required by the supervisor.
8. Provide support to the College’s social media endeavors by supplying appropriate video formats and through maintaining and updating the OTC’s YouTube Channel.
9. Presents projects to departmental staff for review.
10. Prepare broadcast ready material for local television news stations and governmental agencies.
11. Will also assist other College departments by producing videos for their particular needs.
12. Position may require some evening and weekend work schedules on and off College Campuses and centers.
13. Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.