Notice of Vacancy: Allied Healthcare Program Manager
Qualifications & Experience
(M1) Registered Nurse in Missouri in good standing (M2) Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning (M3) Two years of nursing experience, with at least one year of experience working in a long term care facility within the last 5 years (M4) Missouri approved CNA and CMT instructor or obtain approval by completing state required CNA and CMT instructor training.
(D1) Master’s Degree (D2) Extensive knowledge of state and federal program guidelines and requirements (D3) Demonstrated ability to develop curriculum, teach healthcare education courses and supervise clinical practicums.
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Allied Healthcare Program Manager
Salary Classification: Exempt
The Program Manager/Instructor of Allied Health Continuing Education manages all non-credit allied healthcare programs and courses. Position requires extensive knowledge of state and federal program guidelines and requirements for various programs, as well as teaching experience. The Program Manager/Instructor of Allied Health Continuing Education develops and organizes seminars, workshops and new courses; facilitates the Healthcare Education Advisory Committee; and complete/submits appropriate state and federal forms required for certification of programs. Responsibilities will involve extensive public contact requiring tact, courtesy and initiative in dealing with diverse situations.
Acts under the delegated authority and general direction of the Director of the Center for Workforce Development.
1. Facilitates and/or instructs courses for Certified Nurse Assistant, Certified Medication Technician, Insulin Administration, Intravenous Therapy, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, Clinical Supervisor Seminar, CNA Instructor and Examiner Seminars, American Heart Association CPR classes and other healthcare education courses needed in the community.
2. Completes clinical supervision for the CNA program and CNA exams, as necessary.
3. Monitors and completes process for Nurse Assistant Certification program.
4. Collects required forms, drug screens and completes background checks for allied health continuing education classes required by regulations.
5. Recruits, interviews and recommends instructors and evaluates non-credit instructors teaching Allied Health Continuing Education courses.
6. Assists in the orientation of new instructors.
7. Completes and submits contracts with cooperating facilities and state agencies.
8. Maintains and keeps student and course records.
9. Coordinates Certification programs for Certified Nurse Assistant, Certified Medication Technician, Restorative Nurse Assistant and Insulin Administration.
10. Coordinates and orders supplies for all Allied Health Continuing Education classes and seminars.
11. Recommends, develops, implements and markets a schedule of courses, workshops and seminars each semester to meet area healthcare education needs.
12. Stays current in healthcare-related issues and makes training recommendations for new courses.
13. Serves as liaison to state agencies, long term care facilities, hospitals and community groups.
14. Recommends key employers to serve on the Center for Workforce Development Advisory Committee.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.