Notice of Vacancy: Adjunct Instructor in Microbiology
Qualifications & Experience
- (M1) 18 graduate hours in biology or related field with courses in microbiology.
- (D1) Teaching experience
Application Information & Deadline
Position Title: Adjunct Instructor in Microbiology
Salary Classification: Exempt
The Instructor will be responsible for the instruction and management of assigned classes; will maintain professionalism within specialized field, including currency and required certifications; will participate on department and college-wide committees and assignments.
Reports to, and is under the direct supervision of, the Department Chair.
- Provides quality instruction which is current, accurate, interesting and up-to-date.
- Maintains minimum contact hour teaching assignment as provided by college policy.
- In accordance with approved course abstract and procedures, develops a course syllabus for each class taught and provides a copy to students and the division chair at the beginning of the semester.
- Maintains discipline and decorum in the classroom.
- Maintains appropriate record keeping for assigned classes, to include an individual class roll book.
- Schedules and keeps a minimum of five office hours per week, convenient to students.
- Is available to assist students outside of scheduled classroom time.
- Participates in departmental, committee, and college meetings and decisions. Attends meetings as scheduled and announced.
- Assists in textbook selection.
- Participates in curriculum development and works with advisory committees.
- Maintains professionalism.
- Maintains currency of knowledge and skill in field of specialization and areas of instruction.
- Maintains professional certification, including vocational certification for vocational-technical instructors.
- Participates in professional organizations as appropriate.
- Is involved in community activities and services which enhance or support the goals and mission of the college as appropriate.
- Participates in annual commencement ceremony.
- Sponsors student clubs and/or organizations as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ozarks Technical Community College's primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.