Employee Evaluation Instructions
Annual Performance Evaluations
Administration, Staff and Faculty personnel are evaluated by their supervisors on a yearly basis. Typically the review forms are sent out in February and are to be completed by the first of May. Administration and Staff must use the form labeled "Employee Evaluation - Form". Faculty must use the form labeled "Faculty Evaluation - Form". Below, you will find all the instructions needed to complete the forms.
The Evaluation form is a fill-in-the-blank evaluation that you may fill out on your computer or print and fill out. If you have direct reports, you must complete an evaluation on each of your direct reports. If you "split" an employee with another Supervisor, you both should have input in the evaluation and one of you must take ownership of the entire process. See HR for assistance.
This form must be completed on all full-time employees hired by January 1 in the current year. The evaluation period in which you are rating your employee generally runs from Jan-Dec of the preceding year.
Employees are rated in three major performance categories: performance factors, behavioral traits, and supervisory factors. Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Provide this form to your employees and ask for a completed self-evaluation to be turned in prior to your evaluation meeting.
- Complete the performance factors and behavioral traits section for all employees.
- Under Supervisory Factors, select N/A if the evaluated employee does not serve in a supervisory capacity.
- Provide comments for any of the following ratings:
- (1) Unacceptable
- (2) Needs Improvement
- (5) Superior
- Return the original form to the Human Resource office and distribute a copy of the form to the employee. Evaluations are due to HR by May 1.
Employee Evaluation - Form - use this form if your direct reports are Administration or Staff and are NOT faculty
Faculty Evaluation - Form - use this form if your direct reports are members of Faculty
Contact your Supervisor for assistance. If they are unable to answer your questions, contact the College Director of Human Resources.