Benefits of the Honors Program
Why Join the OTC Honors Program?
Completion of OTC Honors Program and selected Associate's Degree
- Honors Classes shown on transcript and Honors Program completion shown on Diploma
- Program completion noted in Graduation Program and Medallion worn at Ceremony.
Transfer of Honors Credits into 4 Year Programs
- Many Universities including Missouri State, Drury and the University of Missouri accept part or all of OTC's Honors courses into their Honors College. This means that students can fulfill some of the Honors Program requirements for many Universities while attending OTC.
Scholarship Opportunities & Registration Priority
- Honors Program Scholarship opportunities exist both at OTC and when transferring to many Honors Colleges at Universities.
- All Honors Students utilize the Director of the Honors Program as their dedicated Academic Advisor and are eligible for first-in-line priority course registration each semester (regardless of number of completed credit hours).
Like Minded Students
- Classes with students who care about their education and want more out of it.
- Opportunity to work with other Honors Students through the Honors Student Council and various campus and community volunteering opportunities.
- Honors Courses have smaller class sizes (typically less than 15 students)
- Honors Instructors are selected specifically to teach in their field of expertise.
- Honors Courses give students a greater opportunity to explore, think creatively, collaborate, investigate and interact with both other Honors Students and Instructors.
- Honors Courses are designed to challenge students to learn more, think more and receive a premium educational experience.
Academic & Personal Enrichment
- Opportunities to submit work and/or present at regional and national conferences.
- Travel opportunities to conferences, special events, world renowned speakers, etc.
- Unique workshop and personal/professional enrichment opportunities.
Exclusive Honors Program Scholarships
Click on the boxes below to find out more about the scholarships that are exclusively for students who are members of the OTC Honors Program (Provost and Dean's Honors Scholarship) as well as a link to the OTC Foundation Scholarships web page:
Honors Program Links
Honors Program Contact Information
Honors Program Director
|Information Commons East 352||Office: 417-447-8229|
|1001 E.Chestnut Expressway||Fax: 417-447-8249|
|Springfield, MO 65803||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|