Apply to Join the OTC Honors Program
Appy to Join!
The first step to joining the Honors Program is submitting the online Honors Application. Students currently attending OTC that have completed at least 12 credit hours and that wish to apply should use the 'Current OTC Student Honors Application'. If you are new to OTC or are planning to attend OTC in the future, the 'New OTC Student Honors Application' is the one for you!
The OTC Honors Program is a selective admissions academic program. Meeting the guidelines below does not guarantee admission.
New OTC Students (less than 12 college hours) - Must meet one (1) of the following criteria:
- ACT of 27 or above, or
- HS GPA of 3.75 or above on 4.0 scale, or
- COMPASS Reading score of 95 or above and Writing 98 or above, or
- GED score of 3100 or above
Current OTC Students (12 or more college hours):
- Must have a 3.5 or above cumulative GPA on a minimum of 12 college credit hours
Required for ALL Students:
- Complete the 'Honors Program' application
- Provide a letter of recommendation.
- Students must be taking all 100 level or above courses to be accepted into the program (students in 040 or 050 courses must complete them prior to entrance into the program).
Early Application Deadline:
The Honors Program accepts up to 32 students per semester into the program. Applicants meeting the early application deadline receive preference for the open spots within the program based upon qualifications. Late applications for the program for any given semester will be accepted until the open spots are filled or the first day of that semester.
November 1st for Spring admission.
April 1st for Summer admission.
July 1st for Fall admission.
Summer 2014 – Honors Program Courses
- ENG 295-1HON1, Literature of Apocalypse Now, Richard Turner, ICE 222, T/TH 8:30am-11:15pm
Fall 2014 - Honors Program Courses
- SOC 101-1HON1, Introduction to Sociology, Judi Brake, ICE 222, M/W/F 11-11:50am
- HON 295-1HON1, College Planning Seminar, Barrie Talbott, ICE 222, Hybrid, TH 4-7pm
- BIO 100-1HON1, Introduction to Biology, Vivian Elder, Lecture T/TH 8:30-9:45am ICE 222, Lab TH 10-11:50am NKM 208
- ENG 210-1HON1, Michael Pulley, Creative Writing-Short Story, ICE 222, T/TH 11:30am-12:45pm
- COM 105-1HON1, Introduction to Public Speaking, Todd Yerby, ICE 222, M/W/F 10-10:50am
- MUS 101-1HON1, Music of the World, Jennifer McAtee, ICE 222, M/W 1-2:15pm
Honors Program Important Links
Honors Program Contact Information
Honors Program Director
|Information Commons East 352||Office: 417-447-8229|
|1001 E.Chestnut Expressway||Fax: 417-447-8249|
|Springfield, MO 65803||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|