Tips for Writing Thank You Notes
Writing Thank You Notes
Sending a thank you note to your donor is great way to show your appreciation. Below, you'll find a few tips on how to write successful thank you notes.
- Use a piece of stationary, a thank you card, a plain card, or a note card.
- Greet the Donor or Scholarship Foundation (ex. Dear Mr. Smith: or Dear Smith Foundation:).
- Express your appreciation for the scholarship. See the following examples:
- How has the scholarship helped you achieve your goals?
- How has it made a difference in your life?
- Thank the donor for his/her gift.
- Finalize with regards (ex. Sincerely, Your Name).
- Do not include personal identification numbers (i.e. student ID number).
- Deliver or mail your thank you note to the OTC Foundation within two weeks of receiving your scholarship.