Getting Started - Financial Aid
Welcome and thank you for your interest in Ozarks Technical Community College. Applying for financial assistance can sometimes be a complex and time consuming process. The financial aid staff understands this and is here to help you successfully navigate through the various forms and processes to ensure you receive the assistance needed to pay for college. Understanding your tuition costs and your many options to pay for school is an important part of the college experience. The OTC staff is committed to helping support you every step of the way.
Type of Financial Aid Offered
OTC offers four types of financial aid:
- Grants - awards that do not need to be repaid.
- Loans - borrowed money that must be repaid.
- Employment - money the student earns toward education through the Federal Work-Study program.
- Scholarships - awarded to students based upon criteria for each scholarship.
**One of the most important steps for students who want to receive Financial Aid is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In order to be considered for financial aid, students must apply for funds each year they are intending to utilize Financial Aid.
Getting Started Checklist
- Apply for admission to OTC.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Apply online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. OTC school code is: 030830.
You may be eligible for Pell Grants, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Student Loans, A+ Scholarships, OTC Institutional Scholarships, Federal Work Study.
*Please Note: For student wanting to apply for Federal Stafford Loans, utilize their A+ scholarship or apply for federal work study, additional steps will be required. See the link list at the bottom of this page for more information.
- Within 3-5 days after submitting your FAFSA electronically, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR), confirming the information you reported on your financial aid application.
- Please review the SAR for accuracy and, if changes need to be made, go online to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Sign in, choose "make a correction or change," and submit your corrections.
- OTC will receive your FAFSA within 7-10 days after it is processed. You will be notified via your online AccessOTC account if additional action is needed on your part. **Your financial aid information will be processed after all of your documents are received.
- Once your FAFSA has been processed you will receive a financial aid award notification via your OTC email. You can also check your financial aid progress under "Financial aid status by term" in your Access OTC account. Once you have attended classes and you are eligible for the aid payment your financial aid status reads "accepted", your aid has been processed and is ready for disbursement to your OTC student account.
Thanks again for your interest in OTC. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.