Maintaining A+ Eligibility & Length of Eligibility

Maintaining A+ Eligibility

To maintain A+ eligibility, you MUST maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

  • You must be enrolled full time, maintain a minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average in college level coursework (100 level or higher) at OTC after high school graduation.
  • You must maintain a cumulative 67% completion ratio. 
    • Total Hours Completed divided by Total Hours Attempted = Completion ratio 

If you lose A+, you can get it back once you re-establish your GPA and/or completion ratio.  A+ will not pay for coursework while you are working to re-establish your eligibility. 

  • An A+ Student must be enrolled as a degree or certificate seeking student.
  • You must be within term limits.
  • A valid FAFSA must be on file each academic year.  A student must submit additional documentation if his or her FAFSA is selected for verification by the Department of Education.  If selected, A+ will not pay until verification is complete.

Length of Eligibility

A+ rules stipulate your eligibility expires when the earliest of the following occurs:

  • It has been more than 48 months since high school graduation
  • You have graduated with an Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT), or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree
  • You have completed 105% of the credit hours required for the program in which you are currently enrolled.

The 105% calculation includes: 

  • All hours completed at any institution, including remedial coursework  
  • The 105% calculation does not include: 
    • Credit hours earned before high school graduation.

The A+ Program will allow a student who has exceeded the 105% limit while seeking a certificate or pre-allied health program to extend eligibility by electing to pursue a two year program of study.  Students who elect to change their program of study must complete a Change of Program Form and submit it to Student Services.  Once the program of study has been changed, the student must submit an A+ Program Change Form.  It is the student's responsibility to verify eligibility.