Tech Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I use the same password for logging in on campus and through MyOTC?
You use the same User Name and password for both. A single sign-on into MyOTC accesses all tabs avialable in MyOTC. More information is available at the MyOTC Online Help.
- What is the format of the user name and password for student accounts?
The user name format is lower-case initial of your first name, lower-case initial of your last name, and your student ID number. You must use all 7 digits of your student ID number, which can be found on your Student ID card.
The default password format is upper-case initial of your first name, upper-case initial of your last name, and the last 7 digits of your Social Security Number.
- What are the password guidelines?
The following hints should help you create a safe password:
- Password must have a minimum of 8 characters
- At least one upper-case letter
- At least one lower-case letter
- At least one number
- No special characters (@, $, !)
- Keep it to yourself
- Do not include your first or last name
- Do not include your social security number or your student ID number
- Be creative. For instance, use the first letter of each word in a phrase, or pick a word and substitute a number for certain letters: S2ccessf2l.
- How do I enable my account?
To enable your account, you'll need to watch this short flash tutorial.
- What if I forget my password?*
There are three different ways to have your password reset:
*For security reasons, only you will be able to reset your password. A parent, spouse, relative, etc., will not have the authority to call or stop by on your behalf to take care of account issues.
- Visit the Student Computer Help Desk (IC Atrium), the Information Technology Help Desk (Graff Hall 203), the Open Computer lab (ICE 223A), or Student Services (ICW). Bring photo ID.
- Call the IT Help Desk at 417-447-7548 during regular hours, or email the Help Desk after hours. Someone will respond to your request on the next business day.
- Use the PASS system, which allows faculty, staff, and students to reset their passwords from on and off campus. In order to use the Pass system, you must create a profile. See our Online Help.
- How do I get antivirus protection for my laptop or home PC?
Students may purchase Norton AntiVirus software by Symantic for $3.00. You can pick up the software at the following locations:
- Springfield—the Cashier's Office located on the second floor of the Information Commons Building.
- Lebanon—the Reception desk visible when you enter the Lebanon Education Center.
- Richwood Valley—the Main Office Window located to the right in room 113
- Branson—the Reception desk visible as you enter the Branson Education Center
- How do I install the antivirus software provided by OTC?
The Symantec anti-virus CD distribution is discontinued. We recommend using the anti-virus software listed below for all faculty, staff and students for personal laptops and home computer use. The software is available at no cost for download through these links: