Counseling Services - Seeking Help, Finding Hope
Counseling Services Staff
Meet your Counseling Services staff!
From left to right, Jenn Holum, Heather Lewellen, Joyce Bateman, Becky Dalton, James Carpenter.
What We Offer
OTC's Counselors are dedicated to providing numerous supportive personal counseling services to assist OTC college students and employees. Our staff offers in-person counseling services on the Springfield and Richwood Valley campuses, and distance counseling services for OTC Online, Lebanon and Waynesville Education Centers, and the Table Rock campus. All of our services are short-term, free, and confidential. Our staff has extensive experience working with a variety of issues faced by OTC's diverse population. The Counseling Services staff adheres to the American Counseling Association (ACA) Professional Code of Ethics. Our main office is located on the Springfield campus in ICW 219.
Counseling Services Office Hours
ULifeline - What it is and how it can help you!
Counseling Services - Important Links
Counseling Services - Videos
Community Referral Guides
Substance Use Information and Referral Guides
Counseling Information for Students and Employees
Self-Help Articles and Websites
Crisis Hotline Information
- National Suicide Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Is answered 24 hours a day and calls are transferred to cities all across the country to connect individuals with a trained professional who is based locally for the caller.
- State of Missouri Crisis Hotline for Hearing Impaired: 1-888-380-3328 (TTY)
- Trevor Hotline for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, and Questioning: 1-866-488-7386
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 and press 1. You can also text to 838255
- Local Crisis Hotline for the Springfield, Missouri surrounding area: 417-761-5555 (Burrell Behavioral Health)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224
- Help-Line for Self-Injury: 1-800-366-8288
Mental Health First Aid
417-447-6974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org