Counseling Services - Seeking Help, Finding Hope
Counseling Services Staff
Office: ICW 219 (main campus) Phone: (417) 447-6974
Meet your Counseling Services staff!
From left to right, Jenn Holum, Heather Lewellen, Joyce Bateman, Becky Dalton, James Carpenter.
Part-time counselor (not pictured) Erin Dooley, who works from our Lebanon Education Center, assist with a variety of Student Services and Disability Support functions.
What We Offer
OTC's Counselors are dedicated to providing numerous supportive personal counseling services to assist OTC college students and employees. Our staff offers in-person counseling services on the Springfield and Richwood Valley campuses, and distance counseling services for OTC Online, Lebanon and Waynesville Education Centers, and the Table Rock campus for our students. All of our services are short-term, free, and confidential. Our staff has extensive experience working with a variety of issues faced by OTC's diverse population. The Counseling Services staff adheres to the American Counseling Association (ACA) Professional Code of Ethics. Click on the links below for additional information Counseling Services staff provide for our students and for faculty/staff. Our main office is located on the Springfield campus in ICW 219.
Recent Events hosted by your Counseling Services.
Counseling Services Office Hours
ULifeline - What it is and how it can help you!
Counseling Services - Important Links
Counseling Services - Videos
Community Referral Guides
Substance Use Information and Referral Guides
Counseling Information for Students and Employees
Self-Help Articles and Websites
Crisis Hotline Information
- National Suicide Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Is answered 24 hours a day and calls are transferred to cities all across the country to connect individuals with a trained professional who is based locally for the caller.
- State of Missouri Crisis Hotline for Hearing Impaired: 1-888-380-3328 (TTY)
- Trevor Hotline for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, and Questioning: 1-866-488-7386
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 and press 1. You can also text to 838255
- Local Crisis Hotline for the Springfield, Missouri surrounding area: 417-761-5555 (Burrell Behavioral Health)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224
- Help-Line for Self-Injury: 1-800-366-8288
- Crisis Text Line: Text to 741741
417-447-6974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org