Makes plans to attend the fourth-annual Community Day!
The fourth-annual Community Day will be held April 27, 2013, at the OTC Springfield campus. With expanded hours and new additions, Community Day 2013 will be better than ever.
The event will be open an hour longer, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Highlights are expected to include the annual car show, welding repairs, a plant sale along with tables and booths offering demonstrations, health screenings, hands-on projects and other information. There's plenty for the kids to do, too. There are more demonstrations, programs and presentations than ever for visitors to come and enjoy. The Springfield-Greene County Library's Bookmobile will be on site again.
So, make plans now to attend Community Day 2013!
What's coming to Community Day 2013?
Here are some of the programs, activities and demonstrations that are expected to be at Community Day 2013:
- Ever wonder how to prepare for a zombie attack? Some OTC students have and they will demonstrate their survival skills that you can put to good use whether the zombies come for us or not.
- Kids can get their face painted or portrait drawn at the Fine Arts tent. The Mad Sciecne guy will be on hand, too. The bounce house will be on the grounds. A photo booth will be on hand to capture some fun portraits.
- Robots will be operating in the Computer Information Science booth. See them perform tricks that will amaze you like sorting colors and responding to voice commands.
- The OTC Bookstore will have College items for sale as well as lots of giveaways.
- The annual Turf and Landscape Plant Sale will be held. Get yourself a great plant to put in your garden or get some planting advice from our Turf and landscape students. Kids can make a papercrete planter to take home.
- Students in the Certified Nurses Assistant program will be on hand to check your vital signs including your blood pressure and pulse.
- There will be lots of giveaways at the Dental Hygiene booth along with good oral hygiene tips and instructions.
- Community Enrichment will be offering demonstrations in book binding, singing Spanish songs, cupcake decorating and sign language.
- The new Mobile Hearing Instrument Science vehicle will be open for tours.
- Our mobile ambulance demonstrator will be on site along with a computer-driven SimMan manikin will be on hand for live demonstrations.
- Lots of games, prizes along with other demontrations and challenges prepared by our various programs on campus.