Make plans to attend the fifth-annual Community Day!
The fifth-annual Community Day will be held April 26, 2014, at the OTC Springfield campus. With some great new additions, Community Day 2014 will be better than ever.
The event will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Highlights are expected to include the annual car show, welding repairs, a plant sale along with tables and booths offering demonstrations, health screenings, hands-on projects and other information. There's plenty for the kids to do, too. There are more demonstrations, programs and presentations than ever for visitors to come and enjoy.
So, make plans now to attend Community Day 2014!
Community Day Event List
What's coming to Community Day 2014?
Here are some of the programs, activities and demonstrations that are expected to be at Community Day 2014:
- Kids will have a ball at the Fine Arts tent and with lots of activities at the Early Childhood tent.
- Robots will be operating in the Computer Information Science booth. See them perform tricks that will amaze you like sorting colors and responding to voice commands.
- The OTC Bookstore will have College items for sale as well as lots of giveaways.
- See a propane-propelled lawn mower in action.
- The annual Turf and Landscape Plant Sale will be held. Get yourself a great plant to put in your garden or get some planting advice from our Turf and landscape students. Kids can make a papercrete planter to take home.
- Students in the Certified Nurses Assistant program will be on hand to check your vital signs including your blood pressure and pulse.
- There will be lots of giveaways at the Dental Hygiene booth along with good oral hygiene tips and instructions.
- Community Enrichment will be offering demonstrations in a variety of areas of interest to you.
- The new Mobile Hearing Instrument Science vehicle will be open for tours.
- Our mobile ambulance demonstrator will be on site along with a computer-driven SimMan manikin will be on hand for live demonstrations.
- Lots of games, prizes along with other demontrations and challenges prepared by our various programs on campus.