Types of Behaviors to Report
What Behaviors Should I Report?
OTC employees and students are to report all incidents of student behavior that are unusual or alarming to the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT). See the Report of Concern form to report an incident.
Report the following behaviors:
- Repeated classroom disruption (after clasroom management techniques have been exhausted)
* Yelling or being excessively loud
* Distracting to other students
* Refusing to leave or cooperate
* Destruction of property
* Not complying with instructions
- Under the influence of substances
- Aggressive, threatening or violent words/actions
* Acts of physical aggression
* Threats of violence
* Expressions of anger/agitation/inability to cope
* Mention of violence as a way to solve problems
* Hostility, lack of empathy
* Aggressive statements/threats through social media sites (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.)
* Acts motivated by hatred or discrimination
* Harassment or bullying
- Articulation of depression, hopelessness or harm
- Bringing weapons to campus (e.g. gun on person or in automobile; knife larger than 2.5 inches; archery bow)
- Writings that convey clear intentions to harm self or others
- Observed self-injurious behavior (cutting, burning, etc.)
- Excessive class absenteeism
- Excessive hygiene concerns
- Reports of abuse, domestic violence, sexual assault
- Extreme changes in personality
- Suicidal behaviors, including threats ("I'm going to kill myself"), gestures (giving away belongings, etc.), ideation ("I've always thought about killing myself"), and attempts
- Escalating low-level behaviors
See the Report of Concern form to report an incident.
Click here to return to the Behavioral Intervention homepage.