Become a Volunteer
Volunteers first need to complete an application. Volunteers complete an orientation and training program with all instructional materials supplied at no cost. Volunteers and students meet at Adult Education and Literacy class sites during regular hours. The schedule for volunteers depends on areas of interest and student needs. Average volunteer time is 2-3 hours per week.
Free Adult Education and Literacy volunteer training offered. Contact 447-8865 or 447-8860 for more information.
Benefits of being a Volunteer
- Improve your community
- Help someone learn to read
- Set an example for children and grandchildren
- Make a difference in someone's life
- Learn more about yourself
- Share your gifts and talents with others
- Help change your own little piece of the world
- Looks good on a resume
- Broaden your horizons
- Make someone smile!!!!