About Ozarks Technical Community College
Ozarks Technical Community College (OTC) was founded April 3, 1990 when the residents of Springfield school district and 13 surrounding public school districts voted to establish a "community technical college."
Since that time, OTC has continued to uphold a core-set of values that include quality, opportunity, accessibility, learning, diversity, innovation, community, respect, integrity and personal growth. We uphold a mission to promote student learning through accessible, high-quality, affordable workforce training, and technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
We fulfill our mission through the following programs and services:
- Technical Education Programs: provide certificates, associate degrees, and short-term programs that enable students to pursue or advance their education.
- General Education: Provide courses which lead to accomplishment of Certificate, A.A.S. and A.A. degrees.
- Developmental Education: provide courses which develop basic skills in areas such as adult basic education, reading, writing, mathematics and study skills.
- Customized Training: provide training to address specific needs of business and industry and further economic development in the region.
- Continuing Education and Community Service: provide a variety of non-credit courses and lifelong learning opportunities, which are responsive to the needs of the region.
- Student Services: provide services to assist students in fulfilling their educational goals, including orientation, assessment, advisement, financial aid, personal and career counseling, job placement, accommodation services for students with disabilities, and a library.
Our Vision is to be the community's college by providing quality learning experiences that support community, workforce and personal development.