Guiding Principles for Assessment
Consistent with OTC's mission and purpose, the College has implemented on-going assessment activities that provide feedback needed to plan, improve quality, and allocate necessary resources to the various programs and services the College offers. The assessment process is guided by the following principles:
- The purpose of assessment it to improve teaching, student learning, and student success.
- There is a shared understanding of the purpose and value of assessment with administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Assessment must be a systematice, on-going process that uses evidence to support improvement.
- Evidence is the foundation of assessment.
- Assessment policies and procedures must be periodically reviewed to determing their usefulness in fostering continuous improvement.
- Assessment results are available to all stakeholders.
- Responsibility for implementing the College's assessment plan is shared.